Hi there

Options
woollsteruk
woollsteruk Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hi there Woollster here, I have joined as I have been diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis 😣 due to having Psoriasis. I am taking Methotrexate for it.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Woollsteruk,

Welcome to the forum, it’s great to meet you. I hope your diagnosis came through quickly, you are on methotrexate which seems to be one of the first medications to try to halt the disease.

Here’s our booklet about psoriatic arthritis

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/psoriatic-arthritis/

If you need to chat to people who understand about autoimmune arthritis do ring our helpline 0800 520 0520
    They are available Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm

Keep posting and let us know how you get on

Take care

Yvonne x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, I was eventually diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in 2006, nine years after it started and four years after starting meds. Mine didn't start in the usual places and I have negligible amounts of the skin trouble hence why it took so long. I take injected meth and have very little trouble with it, and I am shortly to resume injected humira, one of the anti-TNF meds. Thanks to the delay in everything I also have osteoarthritis, diagnosed in 2011, which I am reasonably sure would not have been the case if I had done the psoriatic 'properly' :lol: I began when I was 37 and am now 60. It ain't fun but it is what it is, thanks to my genetic inheritance not completely unexpected and my approach is to make the best of what I have when I have it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben