osteoarthritis in multiple aresa of body

owwie
owwie Member Posts: 2
edited 7. Feb 2023, 10:13 in News Archive
I have osteo in hands,fingers,shoulders kness,ankles and feet.Lots of pain but trying to stay active

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi owwie & welcome to Versus Arthritis.

Sorry to hear about your osteoarthritis. We all here have a wide range of experience with the disease and ways of coping with the pain.

Our website has a good section on pain management here:
    https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/managing-symptoms/managing-your-pain/

What medication or treatment are you taking for your arthritis?
    Do come back & tell us more about yourself.

Best wishes
    Brynmor
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello owwie, I too Ihave OA in many joints and another kind in others; some even share hence today being a grotty one.

Below the waist my OA affects both ankles, both knees and both hips. Above the waist it bothers both wrists and one shoulder, I suspect it's also spreading into my neck, probably due to physical tension caused by constant pain. I manage it by not overdoing things, resting, pain relief and exercise. I keep my pain relief to the minimum so I have room to maneouvre for the grottier times and, let's face it, nothing works effectively at removing pain, does it?

I have to go now as I am very tired. I hope you find the forum to be of interest, we all get it because we've all got it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben