Alternative Funding

Borogas33 Member Posts: 2
edited 3. Sep 2019, 06:42 in Work and financial support
Hello all, i'm s new poster.

I've suffered with arthritis since i was a child, but unfortunately i'm now at the point where i'm unable to work.

I'm 45, and over the last few years I've been privately funding treatment myself to help with my condition.

I've been advised the NHS has an independent fund, councils too, who could provide funds as i can no longer afford.

If anyone has any advice or experience I've this, id be very happy to hear from you.




  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Lee

    Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find the members friendly, helpful, have empathy, give you support, advice and,you can also find light relief here.

    It would be good if you could give the members some idea of the type of arthritis you have and how you manage your pain.
    I am sorry that you are no longer able to work.

    Perhaps it might help to answer your questions about funding if,you rang the Versus Arthritis freephone helpline on 0800 520 0520. They are very knowledgeable and will be able to help you.

    I am one of the moderation team and we all have one or more of the Arthritis "hanger ons" or care for family with similar. Please remember that,no one on this forum has any medical background and if any medical,questions need answering, you need to go to your doctor.

    Looking forward to reading your future posts and seeing how you get on.

    Best wishes

  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,686
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Lee and welcome from me too.

    Could you explain what you mean by 'privately funding treatment', please? I've had RA and OA for years but all my funding has been courtesy of the NHS.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright