Hello

Options
Martinjnewman57
Martinjnewman57 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hi everyone, my name's Martin and I'm 57. I live with both types of arthritis but the main one is rheumatoid arthritis, which is in my shoulders, my wrists, my elbows, my hips and my ankles. I'm no longer able to work due to the lack of movement I have now. I was a builder but now I try and sit back to allow family and friends do things for me. It's be really hard for me to slow down and not being able to enjoy my grandchildren as much as I would like too. Seeing my wife and my daughters watch me as struggle to do things at times and trying hard not to step in to help. This isn't a fair illness to have and it's hard to explain to medical professionals and DSS how it effects you at times, if only they could see inside. So that's me folks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Martin
    Welcome to this forum. Here you will find the members are friendly, knowledgeable, will offer advice and empathy. There are members here who have both rheumatoid and osteoarthritis.
    The most used section of the forum is 'living with arthritis '.

At the top of this,page you will see there are buttons which are the different,subjects Versus Arthritis cover. There you find many articles and booklets about rheumatoid and osteoarthritis.
    Also there is,a freephone helpline if you feel it would be good to chat to someone one to one. The number is 0800 520 0520.

Just one thing to remember no one on this forum is medically trained and if you need questions answered about your medical condition you should consult with your doctor.

I am one of the moderation team and we all have one or more of the Arthritis 'hanger ons' or care for family with the same.

I look forward to reading your future posts and reading how you are getting on.

Best wishes
    ChrisK.
  • Jackie47
    Jackie47 Member Posts: 108
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Martin. Welcome to the group. Personally speaking I also have RA and OA and it’s a bleep bleep at times. It does take a lot away from us both physically and mentally and it’s also hard on our loved ones. There’s no secret formular as it strikes us all in different ways. Acceptance if after 14 years has been one of my bug bares but we can’t change it. We can however endeavour to get the best we can from health professionals,questions if we don’t understand and take it as it comes . I hope you find it helps to be here so ask away,vent your frustrations because we all understand.