Hello - New to Methotrexate

Options
stellamaria
stellamaria Member Posts: 4
edited 7. Nov 2019, 08:36 in Living with arthritis
Hi,

I was diagnosed with RA earlier this year and am just about to start my meds (Methotrexate). I'm really worried as all I hear are horror stories about being on it. Is there anyone out there who is on it and doesn't suffer side effects? Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am very sorry to hear about your diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis, but am pleased to hear you are about to start medication to help keep the disease under control. The internet is rife with horror stories I know, but this is a sensible place to look for advice and support. There are lots of people using this forum who take Methotrexate, ( abbreviated to MTX), who will be along shortly to help you with your worries.

In the meantime here is a link to questions and answers about the medication which might help a little:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/your-experiences/your-questions-answered/your-questions-on-methotrexate/

I hope to see you posting in future.

Best wishes

Ellen
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    stellamaria, there are tons of us taking methotrexate and getting on really well with it. I've been on it for nearly 20 years. Forget the horror stories. People who have bad experiences post about it. People who have good experiences just go out and live their lives :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • stellamaria
    stellamaria Member Posts: 4
    Options
    stellamaria, there are tons of us taking methotrexate and getting on really well with it. I've been on it for nearly 20 years. Forget the horror stories. People who have bad experiences post about it. People who have good experiences just go out and live their lives :D

Hi thanks for your reply I really appreciate your comments. I've been on it for two weeks now and no side effects (fingers crossed it stays that way) xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    :D:D:D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • c7mlm
    c7mlm Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi i started on methotrexate pills but was nauseous and had bad brain fog, i work in accounts so was not ideal. I changed to methotrexate injections but unfortunately had to stop because i had a rash, shame as it worked really well for the pain.