Meniscus tear and osteoarthritis in knee exercises?

Options
Twirlywoo5
Twirlywoo5 Member Posts: 37
edited 25. Oct 2019, 06:15 in Living with arthritis
Hi please can you tell me of some exercises to do to help osteoarthritis of the knee which also has a torn meniscus . Are the one recommended on the web site ok

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello and welcome Twirlywoo5 to Versus Arthritis Community Forum

Can I firstly recommend you go into the "Hello" section and tell us a little about yourself, also, follow on in "Living with Arthritis" as they are they are popular with our forum users and get somewhat quick responses.

Many of our forum members are only too aware of knee problems, as well as other main joints affected with arthritis they are very supportive offering good support and advice.

I've left you a link that may be of help to you:-
    https://www.versusarthritis.org/search?query=Osteoarthritis+of+the+knee

Please feel free to call Versus Arthritis Helplines for further help, the number is at the head of the page.

Enjoy the forum.

John

I like the (username)
  • Twirlywoo5
    Twirlywoo5 Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Sorry feeling very down at the moment . Future appears bleak.
  • Daisymae
    Daisymae Member Posts: 50
    Options
    I too was diagnosed with arthritis and meniscus tear in left knee, the pain was horrendous, nothing helped, in bed at night was the worst. This happened in March of this year, my buttocks and now sore, my legs feel achy and heavy, this maybe because of my knee making me walk differently, I too feel like you, anxious and worried, I am going back to docs, the exercises I was given left my legs too painful to continue.
  • Alison6461
    Alison6461 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I had severe knee pain and persevered with physio exercises to no avail, in fact it seemed to exasperate the pain; I was referred to Wrightington Hospital for an arthrosocopy and whilst in the operating theatre they discovered I had torn my meniscus, they ended up having to operate and repair it; this resulted in 3 months off work and extra physio, I am 2 years post op now and although still have pain it is nothing like what it was, however in saying that I am now returning to physio on my knees again for assistance.
    If you feel your pain is more than 'normal' arthritic then suggest to your gp they refer you to orthopaedics for further investigations.