Tarsal joint.

Options
Graham
Graham Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hi.
Read a few threads. As a lot of you, I have joined in the hope to talk to others with similar problems. I have osteoarthritis in various places, however; I have recently been diagnosed with it in my tarsal joint in foot. Has anyone else had (have) this. Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Graham
    welcome to the forums, there have been some recent threads on ankle fusion which may be useful for you. We also have a section on the website on Foot and ankle pain here https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/foot-and-ankle-pain/
    I am sure our members will share their experience with you too
    Best Wishes
    Sharon
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hi Graham. I have had RA and OA for many years. It started in my hands but quickly moved into feet too. I don't have any unaffected foot joints but my ankles have now fused themselves which makes a huge difference painwise. What has been suggested for you? I suggest, next time, you post on the Living With Arthritis forum where you'll hopefully get more replies.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Graham
    Graham Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Graham. I have had RA and OA for many years. It started in my hands but quickly moved into feet too. I don't have any unaffected foot joints but my ankles have now fused themselves which makes a huge difference painwise. What has been suggested for you? I suggest, next time, you post on the Living With Arthritis forum where you'll hopefully get more replies.

Trying insoles first, possible fusion surgery.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I think that's a good plan. Proper orthotic insoles can feel strange at first but can make a big difference. From what I've heard of it fusion surgery seems very successful the only snag being the long time it takes to recover from foot surgery and, indeed, the length of non-weight bearing time.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright