New on the Forum

Options
ktbee
ktbee Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hi, just joined, thought I would introduce myself.

Have had RA for two years now, started while I was away on holiday and thankfully diagnosed really quickly by my GP and was on meds within 6 weeks. Started on methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine, which sort of worked but had recurrent pain. Now on Imraldi, injecting every other week and its amazing! I was really unsure about having to administer my own injections but fairly straightforward and the results are really worth it.

Wanted to share because when I was first diagnosed I was really shattered and thought the worst, including having to give up a job I love. There are bad days but the medications are always improving it seems and I guess we can help each other by providing a ray of hope.

Sadly there is no support group in my local area, would really value the opportunity to meet others on the same journey.

KTBee

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi KTbee welcome to the forum, you have been through a lot as everyone on this forum has in one way or another. Everyone on the forum understands about pain and Arthritis as we all various forms of arthritis and trying to cope with it is sometimes very difficult. The most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat.
    All the best Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    It's lovely to have you on board, KTBee though, as we say round here, sorry you 'qualified' to join us. I also have RA and have had for years but mine is nicely controlled by meth and hydroxy. It's great that imraldi is dong it for you.

I hope you'll hang around as it sounds as if you'll be a real asset to newbies. A fresh voice is always good news especially when you're doing so well. But please feel free to post about any worries or problems too. We all need that bit of informed support from time to time.

Living With Arthritis is the most popular forum. We used to have quite a lively, fun Chit Chat forum but it's very quiet these days. Do join in anywhere you wish, though. Everyone is friendly.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ktbee
    ktbee Member Posts: 4
    Options
    It's lovely to have you on board, KTBee though, as we say round here, sorry you 'qualified' to join us. I also have RA and have had for years but mine is nicely controlled by meth and hydroxy. It's great that imraldi is dong it for you.

I hope you'll hang around as it sounds as if you'll be a real asset to newbies. A fresh voice is always good news especially when you're doing so well. But please feel free to post about any worries or problems too. We all need that bit of informed support from time to time.

Living With Arthritis is the most popular forum. We used to have quite a lively, fun Chit Chat forum but it's very quiet these days. Do join in anywhere you wish, though. Everyone is friendly.

Thanks stickywicket! Will definitely be hanging around, its good to know there are others out there. I wonder if the forums have gone a bit quieter because of social media, there seem to be a lot of groups out there for RA anyway. Will have a look round and join in where I can :)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I've had a look and you're right. There are. Crikey :o I hope you can find one or two that resonate with you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi again ktbee

I came across the Live Well which is a directory of care and support services, activities and information covering Knowsley, Liverpool and Wirral.

They list a National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society (NRAS) Wirral Group on this page:

https://www.thelivewelldirectory.com/Services/3055

You can find out more about the NRAS on their website at https://www.nras.org.uk/

Best wishes
    Brynmor