I am new here. Please say hello

Options
Annfield
Annfield Member Posts: 28
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hi. My name is Ann and I'm from Liverpool. I've had Psoriasis since I was 13 years old. I've had Psoriatic Arthritis since I was approximately 23 years old and Osteoarthritis since my 40's. I am now in my 50's. I inject myself with Methotrexate once a week. I also take Zappain tablets when I need them. I work full time, long hours and shifts. I love my job but I am struggling. I am going to have a steroid injection in my hip next week. I have had this injection before and it helped. I've been told I also have Bursitis. I'm a glass half full type of person and try and not let anything get me down. I'm here to hopefully give and receive support and make friends. Please say Hi. :D

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Ann and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear of your long term Psoriatic Arthritis and additional problems. Hope all goes well with the steroid injection next week.

Please do join in on the forums and do ask if there are any questions you would like to ask.

If you need to speak to someone in confidence, then our free Helplines are open Monday–Friday, 9am–8pm on 0800 5200 520

Best wishes
    Brynmor
  • Annfield
    Annfield Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi Brynmor

Thank you so much for replying. I'm on an early shift next week so I think I will ring your helpline. All these years and I've just got on with it but suddenly I'm really struggling. I don't talk to anyone about it because I don't want to depress anyone else or bore them. There is so much I want to do in life and this is really holding me back. I really miss rambling and belonging to a rambling group and going to lovely places to walk. Anyway now I'm rambling ;-). I hope you have a lovely pain free week...……...Ann
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Hi Ann and welcome from me too. I've had RA since I was 15. Now 73. Not sure what life without it was like :lol:

I think it's tricky deciding how much to tell who. Obviously no-one wants a moaning minny around but, equally obviously, our nearest and dearest (in my case Mr SW and two adult sons) need to be in the loop or they'll feel shut out. Mine know that, if I ask them to do stuff it's rough. They don't question why.

After all my years of practice I find I can be quite upfront about stuff these days. (You have a cold? Please don't visit. I can't come because I had a rough / busy day yesterday etc etc) No need to moan. Just tell it like it is then shut up :lol:

To my way of thinking there's no way to maintaín an unarthritic life. We have it and it must be factored in. It certainly doesn't have to define us but I have given up many things over the years and learned always to take up something else, equally fascinating, to replace them. It's worked brilliantly for me. I hope something similar will work for you too.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I have psoriatic arthritis without much of the skin nonsense, which in turn has led to osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. I am lucky to be retired now which has helped the quality of life to improve despite the quality of my joints deteriorating. :lol: I take injected meth and humira, 30/500 cocodamol to pretend to deal with the pain and don't think about it too much as that is a waste of time: it is what it is, it's done what it's done, nothing can be changed so get on with it is my approach. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Jules70
    Jules70 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    Hi Ann,

Welcome to the forums,hope you find them useful.
    I was diagnosed with Oesteoarthiritis of the knee at the begining of January,and have just found out .after having pain in my good leg,that i have oesteoarthiritis in my good knee.
    My good knee gave way couple weeks ago and im awaiting Diagnosis and further investigation to see if i have damaged my cartilage or any of my ligaments in my good knee.
    Thanks for sharig your story,im also a new member to the forums,and have found them to be friendly and supportive so far. :D