On a lighter note

Daisymae
Daisymae Member Posts: 50
edited 3. Oct 2019, 08:14 in Living with arthritis
How do the ladies on here feel about not being able to wear skinny jeans, due to swollen , lumpy knees? I look at the youngsters and there smooth straight knees with envy.

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hmmm, I know what you mean, but it's not always just youngsters with smooth straight knees who wear them - unfortunately!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I have to admit I dont think anything about it. I am who and what I am, my youth has long since fled and the last thing I want to be is a 1661. I'm with daffy, far too many people dress inappropriately for their age and size: I am sure they have fairground skinny mirrors at home!

I rely on pull-on leggings and linen tunics, colourful shoes and jewellery to distract people from my lumpy legs although I am sure I flatter myself in thinking anyone is paying any attention. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    After the last 6 months or so I wear what i want and what I like if people look I look back.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I've never worn skinny jeans (I have arthritic fingers too) but it's never bothered me. Arthritis liberated me from fashion long ago and, besides, I was always a jeans (non-skinny :lol: ) and shirt person.

The one thing I have missed is nothing to do with arthritis. As a female I've often envied Mr SW in hot weather being able to discard all but a pair of shorts. I think if I tried it it would be construed as anti-social behaviour :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    The one thing I have missed is nothing to do with arthritis. As a female I've often envied Mr SW in hot weather being able to discard all but a pair of shorts. I think if I tried it it would be construed as anti-social behaviour :lol:

Frankly Sticky I'm not sure it would be any more anti-social than some of the men who avail themselves of that freedom.
    " Just because you can doesn't mean you should"
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    I never wore skinny jeans either, so I don't miss them at all. The only noticeable peculiarity I have (lumpy knees aside) is that since my mastactomy in 2012, I have never worn a bra. Prosthetic breasts are *$!&% uncomfortable, so braless is the way for me. And I know it's noticeable but I don't care. :P

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein