'Flu jab.

Options
2»

Comments

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My GP surgery kept cancelling the flu jab clinics for under 65s and I was told by a doctor friend that you really need it ASAP before flu season has started and it has started! My pharmacy did mine last week. My arm ached for a couple of days and I usually get a flare up of RA after the flu jab but I didn’t this year. I wish I’d known earlier about the pharmacy doing the free flu jabs for NHS eligible patients. Hopefully others know.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    Lucy and I always have ours with the pharmacist because we like him and don't have to queue up with all the ill people at the Drs!!!

Mainly though because we like him!

Collecting prescriptions later on this week so will add our jabs to my to-do list :D

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well, ten days on the cough has nearly gone but now my throat is sore. I made a judgement call and did my meth on Monday - big mistake. I am supposed to humira tomorrow . . . . it will be three weeks since my last dose so I should. My next dose, if I stick to the fortnight, comes five days after the flujab which should be OK? Oh decisions, decisions. You would think it all becomes easier over time but somehow it doesn't. Bleurgh. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    I had to call in at the surgery yesterday and noticed a pleading notice on the wall asking patients to have their flu jabs at the surgery rather than going elsewhere so the surgery didn't lose out on funding...
    Which quite neatly sums up the stupid and unnecessary complications of NHS funding, and the extent to to which the patient drops out of the equation. Surely the most important consideration is that patients have the flu jab; that shouldn't then be freighted with concerns about surgeries missing out on funding because they have missed their targets by not personally sticking the needle in.
    In the case of my surgery I also wonder, if it's actually enough of a problem to put up a notice about, what attempts they have made to find out why patients are going elsewhere rather than rocking up at the jab sessions. I have a somewhat jaundiced view of the surgery's capabilities when it comes to solving problems.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Had flu jab beginning of week and my arm is still sore.
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options
    After all the cannulas and injections you've had over the last few months mig, you must feel like a pin cushion. Sending gentle hugs. m0150 t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591 m0150

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• scozzie
    scozzie Member Posts: 333
    Options
    I’m asthmatic, so I get every year — this was my 19th conservative jab since emigrating, plus I had several before that in Oz.

I had a couple of bad chest infections/bronchitis after moving to the UK before I managed to get my asthma under control here — didn’t realise how damp the weather was over here.