New to site

Options
Sylv
Sylv Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hi,I have arthritis my spine and shoulder.Not sure what to write here, sounds odd but just wondering if others find that wet weather makes discomfort in shoulder worse as it seems to with mine.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi and welcome - perhaps expand on your experience/questions,personally speaking I find cold/damp really affects me and I know it affects others.
    Al
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I have a creaky foot in both arthritis camps and the weather influences both. My osteoarthritis is aggravated by low pressure weather, the cold and damp plus eating too many pickles. I can't control the former but can the latter. It's not an unknown phenomena on here, an Australian university did a study about it, concluding there was no metereological influence but had to admit that their climate was not suitable for such a study. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi Sylv

Welcome to the forum from me :)

My OA bits certainly feel worse when it's damp and/proper chilly too.

My back HATES the cold although I have always though that was because I tense up when I'm cold and shiver.

I'm sure research has been done into this very subject.

Toni xx
  • Pain2
    Pain2 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am called "Pain2" on the Forum. I am new here, and would love to hear from anyone who wants to write. I am in the category of having Arthritis, began in spine and spread itself everywhere fairly quickly. It's a Pain, just like Me. Happy to Meet You All, and Thank You for letting me talk.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi Pain2, and welcome to the forum.

This is a friendly and hopefully informative platform where you can ask questions and also provide insight to others who are in similar situations to yourself.

As a starting point, since you mentioned the pain your arthritis brings, I found a link from the Versus Arthritis website on pain management which you may find useful:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/managing-symptoms/managing-your-pain/

Please feel free to participate in any of the forums where you feel comfortable and let us know how you get on.

Best Wishes,

Alice