Hello to all

Options
Kilou
Kilou Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hi, I'm new here & about to start Imraldi...very nervous!

My RA hit like a truck about 2 years ago & I'm really hoping imraldi is going to help because all this time on hydroxy, sulphasalazine & methotrexate injections I'm still not right & the pain can be horrendous. I've also been diagnosed with hypermobility & fibromyalgia. I also have all the symptoms of sjogren's, my face doesn't work properly...its all very strange!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Kilou,
    Welcome to the versus arthritis forums, I hope you find participation worthwhile.

Good luck with trying Imraldi I hope it has the desired effect. Some forum members may well have personal experience of this drug and be able to share their thoughts.

If you ever feel that it would be useful to talk to our helpline, they can be contacted on 0800 0520 0520.

Kind Regards
    ChrisB (Moderator)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,733
    Options
    Hi kilos and welcome from me too. I have RA and OA but get by well enough on meth and hydroxy. It's always a bit scary trying a new med but, hey, this might be the one that really helps. It's one of the new biosimilars so not many people here have had it but I do remember one person saying how good it was and how free of side effects. I hope that will be your experience too. Try asking on the Living With Arthritis forum as more people look on there.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I was transferred to imraldi back in April as it is the bio-similar to humira (which I had been taking for around eleven years). I also inject methotrexate. Sadly the imraldi did not work out for me so I am back on humira but I hope it does the trick for you.

I am lucky in that I have had to rely on medication from the age of twelve so new meds don't bother me in the slightest but when it is all new it must be far harder. As an old hand I advise expect nothing as that leaves the door of opportunity wide open - expect everything and it will slam shut far too easily. Good luck and I hope it makes a positive difference in some way to the disease and how you feel within yourself. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben