Aching

Options
Kazbol
Kazbol Member Posts: 5
edited 10. Oct 2019, 05:46 in Chat to our Helpline Team
So the wet weather has arrived and although I'm taking the normal medication I've been aching, limbs feel heavy for the past 2 days. I just want to stay in bed. I'm not though, have gone to work (only work mornings) but body feels drained. I haven't been overdoing it recently i.e. gardening/decorating. Just normal daily stuff. I do school pick up for grandchildren in afternoons and hang on to till about 5.30/6.00 ish. Also have 3 year old grandchild from 12.00 - 5.00 2 days a week. Was wondering is this a "flair"? I've felt like this before but not so early in the day and not, as yesterday, for a good chunk of the day. OK, didn't sleep brilliantly (but that's fairly normal) but last night knee was aching and making whole leg ache but that's it really. Ok sounding pathetic now so will stop :D

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,488
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Kazbol,

Thank you for posting on our Helpline Forum. I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing increased aching pains and feel so drained at the moment. It does sound as if this may be due to a flare-up of your arthritis. It is good you have managed to go to work and help look after the grandchildren. However, as you are aware, pacing yourself is important when living with arthritis and balancing activity with rest. It sounds as if it would be good to go back to your doctor.

The wet weather may not be helping your symptoms. However, the links between arthritis and the weather are inconclusive. There is no overwhelming evidence to support this and information has been anecdotal and subjective. Many people with arthritis say that their joints ache before a storm, and, according to experts, this is due to a drop in pressure and a rise in the humidity causing pain and stiffness in the joints. A change in the weather will not cause arthritis, but may worsen the symptoms. More research is needed.

If you would like to talk things through informally and in confidence, you are welcome to call our Free Helpline on 0800 520 0520 weekdays 9am – 8pm. You could also post on our Living with Arthritis forum where you may receive more responses from people experiencing similar symptoms.

For more information and suggestions about managing your symptoms, follow this link: https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/managing-symptoms/

For information about research, see: https://www.versusarthritis.org/research/

I hope this of some help.

Best wishes,
    Fiona, Helpline Advisor