10 years

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 15. Oct 2019, 06:36 in Living with arthritis
This forum is a bit quieter and I don’t come as often as I did but you always hold a special place in my heart.
It’s been nearly 10 years since I joined and 10 years since I was diagnosed with RA. In that time, my life has changed in ways I could never imagine - some good, some bad. It’s life, it happens to us all.
I feel old but then, when I think I joined here only a third of my life ago, I doesn’t feel that old really.

I am on a journey again. My health has taken an unexpected downturn and with it, my life has changed again as I face the prospect of being unable to work or, at least, unable to do my current job. My head is filled with ideas for the future but for now, I am processing the many emotions. Ultimately, I surmise that the main thing is to never give up and I won’t.

Big love to everyone.
t4591

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Starburst,

Lovely to chat to you, we are a bit quieter than in the middling past, but our new members are going up and we are promised, in months not years, a new website which will allow us to offer you lots more.

That’s really tough when you realise big changes are likely such as with work, if you want to mull things over please do, you know there are those like me who had to retire, others who changed within the same employer and yet others who have changed job focus entirely.

Just for now concentrate on doing for yourself just what you would advise your friend to do in just such a situation, this is something I’m not good at but I’m trying.

I do have a couple of spoons to spare tonight, enjoy them!

Yvonne x (((())))
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi there Sophie :)

Well I remember you in your first days on this forum. Do you remember me I wonder?

As an ex-social worker myself we had a few chats about career choices.

You've had a tough time you know. I am so sorry to hear that you face yet more challenges healthwise and also maybe being unable to do your job as it is at the moment

Good though that you already have ideas.... t4591

Sending love

Toni xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Sophie, it's - as ever - lovely to see you but for all the wrong reasons.

Whatever has gone wrong I'm sure you'll deal with it bravely (even if you don't feel brave) and competently because leopards don't change their spots.

Meantime, I send m0150 and t115006 and t69044
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi there Sophie :)

Well I remember you in your first days on this forum. Do you remember me I wonder?

As an ex-social worker myself we had a few chats about career choices.

You've had a tough time you know. I am so sorry to hear that you face yet more challenges healthwise and also maybe being unable to do your job as it is at the moment

Good though that you already have ideas.... t4591

Sending love

Toni xx

Of course I remember you from the start. Everyone was so lovely and supportive. This place saved me in the early days. I honestly don’t know how I’d have go on and I’m not saying that lightly.

I’m lucky to have a great employer (local authority) who are still trying to support me to do my job. It’s not exactly what I was doing before but it’s still social work and I’ll battle on for as long as they’ll employ me. I always wanted to do a psychotherapy degree but never got around to it and the fees are insane. I may consider it in the future though. I envisaged working part time at both. We shall see.

Much love to you
    t4591
  • Starburst
    Sophie, it's - as ever - lovely to see you but for all the wrong reasons.

Whatever has gone wrong I'm sure you'll deal with it bravely (even if you don't feel brave) and competently because leopards don't change their spots.

Meantime, I send m0150 and t115006 and t69044

You know what? I’m ok, I really am. Life has a strange way of putting you exactly where you need to be, even if it doesn’t feel like it at the time. I don’t have the things I’d hoped at my age (my health. family, own home and decent income etc) but I do have amazing people who have never let me down and will be there for me no matter what. I am lucky, luckier than most.
    I hope you are as well as can be. Xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You also have a great attitude which can see even the tiniest scrap of good amongst all the dross. That is probably better than all the other stuff as it makes for happiness.

I don't wonder you have good friends, So do they.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright