Hi Everyone

Options
Mini
Mini Member Posts: 33
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Im new here I have osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia plus spinal stenosis & sciatica Im in alot of pain at the moment and can’t tolerate the medication doctors have given me im waiting 4 a spinal steroid injection end of oct as I have a bulging disc I have had left knee replaced twice & hip replacement going in for righ5 knee replacement next fri and my surgeon is going to manipulate my other knee replacment as it has slight corrosion on it so will be as stiff as a board 4 a bit after till I start moving again 🥴

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Mini and welcome to the forums.

You have quite a range of problems going on there! I'm sorry to hear that the prescribed medication is not one that works for you. Fingers crossed that your forthcoming knee operation goes well for you.

Given your extensive experience and support you are already receiving, I'm not sure if there is any additional information we can supply. The page on "Managing Your Pain" may have some items that will be of some help if you haven't already seen them:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/managing-symptoms/managing-your-pain/

Join in across the forums and ask for support where you find it appropriate.

Do come back and keep us up to date with your knee operation.

Best wishes
    Brynmor
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hello Mini welcome to the forum from me too.

Gosh you have a rough time ahead of you. I hope you have plenty of support at home and will still be able to post on here.

Take care

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I am sorry you have had to find us. You're making me feel lucky with having only psoriatic and osteorthritis plus fibro. You are in a pickle and I hope all the proposed actions improve things more than a little. Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben