Hello

Options
SharonH61
SharonH61 Member Posts: 6
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
t69044
I have just joined this morning, my name is Sharon, I am 58, wife, mother and grandmother. I live in Shropshire and work as a medical receptionist.

I have been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis - multiple sights but with particular issues with my spine, hands and feet. I also have a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, although experts believe this is not a progressive condition, my experience is that it most definitely is !!!

Wishing everyone a good day m0150

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sharon
    Welcome to the forum, I too have Osteoarthritis without the Fybromylegia and as you already know I would say it was progressive as I have 2 knee replacements and a hip replacement it's in my fingers hands feet so I can understand the pain you are going through and the frustration of dealing with it. Everyone on this forum have various forms of Arthritis so are very friendly and sympathetic. The most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat.
    All the best Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I have psoriatic and osteoarthritis plus fibromyalgia, none of it is fun but it's here and has to be gotten on with. :lol:

I am not sure if you are referring to the osteo or the fibro as progressive: the arthritis definitely is but the fibro, well, I don' t know. I think it is classed as an auto-immune inflammatory condition but TBH I'm not bothered by the 'why' only the 'how' to deal with it. Mine comes and goes and seems to be linked to the state of either the PsA or OA, if one or both are playing up then it likes to join in but thankfully not as often as it could.

I began when I was 37 with one affected joint and am now 60 with around forty, some joints have one, some the other and others both. I am a low-functioning wife, retired and deliberately childless. I am currently in bed with a nasty cough so will say bye-bye for now. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • SharonH61
    SharonH61 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello Dreamdaisy

I was referring to the Fibro. My symptoms have definitely become worse over time, particularly over the last 5 years. My ability to cope with and manage them is diminishing over time.

Or. Perhaps those of us who live with chronic illness are worn down over time? So that our resilience fades.

I hope you have a swift recovery from your cough. t115006
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Hi and welcome from me too. I have RA plus OA. No fibromyalgia. Both RA and OA are progressive. Fibromyalgia? I don't know. It doesn't cause joint erosion as the others do but I guess that's not much consolation if you're in pain anyway. Please just join in anywhere on any thread. Living With Arthritis is the most popular forum.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright