Off and pain n stiffness most day
Lasting more than an hour everyday.

Dolphin500

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Dolphin500,

Welcome to the forum. You have just been told you have arthritis and you are in pain in a number of joints, that must be confusing and worrying too.

I hope you have found some pain relief that you can tolerate, there are over the counter ones and also ones your GP can prescribe to help.

Do you know which type of arthritis you have? This is the link to the conditions area of the VersusArthritis website. Click on the initial letter of your arthritis, then scroll down to select your type.

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/

This is the section about pain and ideas to control it

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/managing-symptoms/managing-your-pain/

I’m sure you will have further comments and questions, please share them when you can

Take care

Yvonne x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello dolphin500, what a lovely name. It sounds to me (but I am not a doctor) as though you have osteoarthritis, the most common kind. I have it too and have had for around ten years (it was diagnosed in 2011 but I didn't know it was there because it was hidden by my other arthritis). I take cocodamol to blunt the sharper edges of the pain, I have asthma but it is controlled by inhalers. I take ibuprophen sometimes and it has never caused any bother.

Pain and stiffness is a factor of living with arthritis and it is hard to live with. I am lucky to be retired so I can manage my OA more easily with exercise and rest. Mine is in both ankles, both knees, both hips, both wrists and one shoulder. I find the cold and damp can make it worse, do you? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben