Humira

Options
Elmbow
Elmbow Member Posts: 80
edited 9. Nov 2019, 10:24 in Living with arthritis
At my last rheumatology appointment I was told I'd be switched from etanercept to adalimumab. I've had all the screening so was told it would just be a case of having an appointment to be shown how to do the new injections.
How long does it take to get switched in your experience? It's been 6 weeks since my appointment and I've heard nothing at all.
It took less time than this to go from nothing to starting etanercept, and I had to have all the screening and tests first with that. I've now run out of etanercept so next week will have nothing and I'm in the middle of an horrendous flare.
Is this wait normal?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I don't know the answer to this, Elmbow, but I do know that, with some switches, one med has to be completely out of the system before another can be introduced. I also know there are mistakes in communications, though, so it might be worth ringing your rheumatology helpline to check. I hope it works for you when it does arrive.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Elmbow
    Elmbow Member Posts: 80
    Options
    Thank you. I have a date to start Humira now. Here's hoping. x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Good news! :D

If you haven't seen it, here's our information page on adalimumab, what it is and how is it used:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/treatments/drugs/adalimumab/

Brynmor