Hello

Alyshy
Alyshy Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hello everyone! I’m Jonathan from Anglesey. Currently suffering with chronic pain. Had a knee replacement this year but it’s playing up. Awaiting the other knee and both hips to be replaced. Also just been diagnosed with Polymyalgia Rheumatica (thought it was whiplash after a RTC)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Jonathon
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are in pain from your complaint, everyone on this forum has pain due to arthritis and other factors so they all understand what you are going through. You can always contact our number 08005200520 to talk to some one if you wish ,or continue to talk to others on our forums the most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat.
    All the best Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I am sorry you have had to find us. I began my fist arthritis aged 37, an auto-immune one which, having been born with auto-immune nonsense, was no surprise. The diagnosis of osteoarthritis when I was 52 was, however, a complete shock because I thought I'd ticked the arthritis box. :roll: Now I am 60 and continuing my gentle deterioration. :lol:

I thnk PmR (polymyalgia rheumatica) is one of the auto-immune kinds so a very different beast to OA. Was it a rheumatologist who diagnosed you and what have they recommended? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Welcome to the forums from me too Jonathan. :)

I am sorry to hear your knee is playing up maybe the other knee being iffy isn't helping? Fingers crossed the 2nd knee op helps both and both hips too.

I had a quick look on the website and PMR sounds to be very painful and muscular ouch poor you.

I expect you've already looked this up but others might find it interesting:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/polymyalgia-rheumatica-pmr/

Come on in and join us we are a nice group of people.

Toni