Just saying hello...

Options
stuartgoble
stuartgoble Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hi,

My name is Stuart and I've had long term RA for about 8-12 years, since my mid-forties. As you'd expect, I've been through the normal clinical pathways but missed Methotrexate due to an underlying lung issue.

From a significant amount of pain and swelling and lack of mobility that nearly made me give up working, I'm now on Baricitinib and pretty much in remission since the autumn of last year. But putting the weight on like nothing on earth, which appears to be the side effects.

Always happy to share my experiences and listen to how others are coping with this...

Stu...

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Stuart
    Welcome to the forum.Everyone on this forum has Arthritis of some kind and also different level of pain. I am glad you are in remission at the moment and hope it continues. The most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat, enjoy talk8ng to others
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Hi there Stu. It's great to hear you're doing so well on baricitinib. I'm pretty good on methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine.

I believe weight gain is a potential downside of baricitinib. Is it the drug itself or, as I found with steroids, just that you feel hungry on it?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I have psoriatic & osteoarthritis. I started the first in 1997 and the second was diagnosed in 2011. I currently inject meth and humira which are controlling the PsA and that has to be good enough. I began aged 37 and am now 60. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben