just one more thing

2»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good luck and please let us know how you get on. Duff genes are at the root of so much junk, must be nice not to have them but how dull it must be to live a challenge-free life. :| DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stellabean
    stellabean Member Posts: 307
    Just back from the hospital, saw a lady surgeon who said I need to see dentist as there is sign of damage on one tooth but that isn't cause of problem she just wants it looked at. She is going to see me on 23rd with CT results. I mentioned family history and she was pleased I had so we will see what happens on 23rd. Thanks for all your support.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Thanks for the update and good that you mentioned the family history. Will your dentist fit you in quickly? I know mine would but others seem to have problems. Good luck on 23rd. I hope the time passes as quickly as possible.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • stellabean
    They have given me an appointment for next Wednesday but the receptionist said if anything needs doing I will have to have another appointment at a later date.
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Thanks for the update, Stellabean, and good luck at the dentist x
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • stellabean
    Went to the dentist today, they x-rayed the tooth that the oral surgeon was concerned about there is a hole behind the filling. So the filling needs to be replaced, I have to wait until after I have seen the oral surgeon with the CT results and also the next appointment is 5th March I am on the cancellation list for an earlier one but I don't hold out much hope. She did say there was no connection between the tooth and the damage in my jaw.
    I had to laugh we went to waitrose for some shopping and several people like me were walking around using crutches. An elderly lady approached me and said "what a lot of people hobbling around today what have you all been doing to yourselves over Christmas ?"
    My reply " I have done nothing to myself this is me all the time "
  • stickywicket
    Sometimes it's the kind but totally clueless statements that are the worst.

I'd guess, and hope, that the tooth problem being unconnected to the jaw problem is a good thing. I hope that cancellation appointment comes through. You are being a very patient patient.
    Steven Wright
  • stellabean
    I have ne other option as she would not do anything near my jaw she didn't like how it felt ( neither do I but I am stuck with it). I see the consultant next week so that will come round soon. I just hope she will have some answers for me, the jaw is more painful I have to be careful how I wash my face and there is more pain into my ear.
    The dentist did say if the tooth became painful to get back to them but I know they are short of appointments.
  • stickywicket
    I think they'd probably squeeze you in given that it was a consultant who said you needed to go in the first place. But probably best left well alone for now if possible.

Jaws and ears are very closely connected so I guess ear pain would be understandable though in no way welcome. The sooner you can get proper answers the better, I'm sure.
    Steven Wright
  • stellabean
    received a copy of the letter the oral surgeon has sent to the ENT one who referred me to them and she isn't too sure what the dark areas in my jaw are and she doesn't like the look of them. I am seeing her on Thursday so not long to wait now to get CT results and she says she may investigate Padgets.
  • dreamdaisy
    Apologies for absence, things are truly grim in DD World. :roll:

It's good that this is being investgated etc and I hope you get some answers soon. Please keep us informed as to progress in diagnosis. DD
  • stellabean
    Thanks DD so sorry things are grim I hope they will improve soon and you will be back on form.I still can't work out how to add smiles to these posts so I say I send you flowers.
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you for the virtual flowers, they are appreciated. I play safe and use only the emoticons on the left: I cannot stand the enormous ones that people add from their keyboards, they are so 'in your face', rendering them almost rude. And who needs three crying faces for Pete's sake? :x

I am either paying the price for burning the candle at one end during December, not coping with the January weather or my PsA is flaring. No idea what or which is behind my current malaise (either singly or in combination) and care even less. Things are as they are and will remain so until they change. My husband has noted that I am not my usual bouncy self so it must be bad. :lol: DD
  • phoenixoxo
    Very best of luck for Thursday x
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • stellabean
    sometimes it takes more power to workout what is wrong than to deal with it. I have found the light levels particularly low over the last few weeks I feel like I am searching for more light. So with the sun shining yesterday and a bit on Saturday I pottered about the greenhouse clearing all the "crap"that had been put there out of the way.It was lovely sitting on a chair drinking tea and watching our pet ducks dappling in a puddle of mud on what is left of a bit of a our lawn while my OH mourned his lawn. It will be fine once the weather dries up a bit but the ducks are loving being covered in mud then washing in their pond, they can always bring a smile to my face.
  • phoenixoxo
    Yes, working out what's wrong can use up a lot of energy. Good news that you've been out in the greenhouse, soaking up some sunshine and drinking tea. I'm fond of tea too, and I'm also fond of ducks. Last Friday, in the local park, I spotted a white duck, which made my day. He/she looked like this one: https://pixabay.com/photos/white-duck-ditch-bird-swimming-4600498/ :-)
  • stellabean
    UPDATE I have seen the oral surgeon today the lump in my jaw is due to a cyst caused by a piece of a tooth root being left in situ from an extraction several years ago. No idea why it would cause problems now. But he also said the bone on that side of jaw is much denser that the other and has done a blood test for Padgets this may come back negative if I only have a small amount of disease in my body it doesn't mean I do not have it. I am on waiting list for operation ( about 18 weeks wait) to remove the fragment and look closer at the area and bone he also said he would take the damaged tooth out at the same time if needed.The pain in my face is because the cyst is close to nerve roots.
  • stickywicket
    It 's an odd thiing to say but I think that's quite a good outcome, especially if you don't have Padget's.

My husband had a tooth out recently and it wouldn't heal. And then tiny fragments of bone kept coming out. The dentist confirmed there was a bit left and removed it. The tooth immediately healed up but your story has made me relieved that it wouldn't heal with the bone fragment still there.

Good luck for the op and test.
    Steven Wright
  • phoenixoxo
    Thanks for the update, stellabean. It's good you have some answers and that things are being monitored. I'm sorry you're in pain still; can anything be done to ease this? Good luck with your operation x