Computer equipment

Annszoff Member Posts: 6
edited 5. Jan 2020, 15:08 in Living with arthritis
Hi I’m new to this site and so glad I’ve found it. I work in a special needs school as a swimming teacher/HLTA. I have RA and I’m finding it increasingly harder to use the computer some days because my hands are swollen . Does anyone know of any adaptive equipment I can use?


  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Annszoff,

    Lovely to meet you, welcome to the forum.

    So you have rheumatoid arthritis and you are struggling to use a computer because of its effect on your hands.

    The good news is that there is help and there are 'workplace assessments' where a specialist comes out to see you at work and then suggest ways to make your life easier. These are accessed through your Headteacher/Local Education Authority. To help you see what possibilities there are go to

    This is the link to Ability Net, who have a remit which states:

    'AbilityNet supports people of any age, living with any disability or impairment to use technology to achieve their goals at home, at work and in education. We do this by providing specialist advice services, free information resources and by helping to build a more accessible digital world.'

    I hope these prove helpful, it would be great if you would post again to let us know how you get on and which services were most helpful to you, I’m sure we will have more members wanting to know about these services too.

    Take care

    Yvonne x
  • Annszoff
    Annszoff Member Posts: 6
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thank you for this I will let you know how I get on