Newly diagnosed

Ljr
Ljr Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
6 months diagnosed. Now on sulfa as meth did not agree with me. Still having alot of aches and always tired.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Ljr and welcome to the forums,

Lovely to meet you, you have an autoimmune arthritis and you are waiting to find the right combination of meds that will work for you.

It’s a bit of a testing time, especially as most of these drugs can take around 12 weeks to build up in your system to do the job and obviously no-one wants to be on too strong a dose unnecessarily.

Heres our booklet about living with arthritis

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/living-with-arthritis/

Do be nice to yourself just now, take it easy and listen to your rheumy team, post on here with any areas where you need new ways of working out how to do certain things, there are lots of forums where I'm sure you will feel comfortable.

Take care
    Yvonne x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I presume you have one of the many forms of auto-immune arthritis and are in the process of discovering that the meds are not necessarily that helpful.

I am in my 23rd year of psoriatic arthritis and 8th year of diagnosed osteoarthritis and have been tired since it started. :lol: I have no doubt that the meds 'work' for many auto-immune arthritics in that they reduce pain as well as disease activity, so they naturally assume it is like that for everyone. In my case I know they are controlling disease activity but no more than that. I was not accurately diagnosed for nine years, when I was nothing changed: why would it?

If you look at the Living With Arthritis board on here you will soon see that fatigue and tiredness is a recurring topic. A read-through of those threads should give you some hints and tips on how to reduce and better manage matters. You are in the early days and probably have a lot to learn because arthritis is a completely misunderstood and complicated disease. We get it because we've got it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Everydaynormalguy
    Everydaynormalguy Member Posts: 8
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I presume you have one of the many forms of auto-immune arthritis and are in the process of discovering that the meds are not necessarily that helpful.

I am in my 23rd year of psoriatic arthritis and 8th year of diagnosed osteoarthritis and have been tired since it started. :lol: I have no doubt that the meds 'work' for many auto-immune arthritics in that they reduce pain as well as disease activity, so they naturally assume it is like that for everyone. In my case I know they are controlling disease activity but no more than that. I was not accurately diagnosed for nine years, when I was nothing changed: why would it?

If you look at the Living With Arthritis board on here you will soon see that fatigue and tiredness is a recurring topic. A read-through of those threads should give you some hints and tips on how to reduce and better manage matters. You are in the early days and probably have a lot to learn because arthritis is a completely misunderstood and complicated disease. We get it because we've got it. DD

Hi I’m sorry to join in another post or conversation but I see you have psa , I’m new to this andwould just like some advice if possible , if I create a new topic do you mind helping out and answering some questions please ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi there

Do join in across the forums! :D

You are most welcome to start a new topic thread and post any questions you may have. We will do our best to help out, both by pointing you to appropriate information and our members by relating their personal experience.

Best wishes
    Brynmor