Any helpful info.

Dolphin500.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Dolphin500, welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear that you are finding things so difficult, it sounds like a real struggle for you at the moment. You will certainly find others with osteoarthritis here on the forum who will be able to relate to what you are going through and may be able to share their coping strategies and experiences. If you feel able to share a bit more, it would be good to know a bit more about your condition - how long you have had it and whether you are currently on medication for example.

This link is to the section on osteoarthritis on the Versus Arthritis website, which includes advice on managing pain and living with your symptoms which may be useful:
    https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/osteoarthritis/

Do you have anyone to talk to about how anxious it is making you feel? It might be good to talk to your doctor about this if you haven't already. There might be counselling available that you could access. You could also call the Versus Arthritis helpline, it's free and available from 9am - 8pm Monday - Friday. The number is 0800 5200 520.

With best wishes,

Ann
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Dolphin, it's lovely to meet you and I am sorry you have had to find us. I have OA too and it does make life difficult. Are you a man or a woman? I am a woman and now all my clothes are pull-on which I find better.

When my OA was diagnosed I spoke to my GP about taking anti-depressants because I became very unhappy (I already had another kind of arthritis). That was back in 2011 and I still take them. On the days that things are not going well I take deep breaths, slow right down and tell myself I am doing OK. I take between four and six 30/500 cocodamol over 24 hours, they dull enough ofnthe sharp edges of the pain so I can get on. I am now 60, had arthritis for 23 years and retired.

Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options
    Hi, I have trouble with clothing too, all my stuff is pulled on cos my hands won't let me do buttons/ laces etc. So far as jackets and coats are concerned I have fitted clips to either side of my kitchen door, have a look at https://arthritiscareforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=50318&p=654448#p654448