Pain

Options
sable
sable Member Posts: 2
edited 13. Feb 2020, 10:47 in Living with arthritis
Hi
I have polymyalgia rheumatica
Has any body used CBD OIL to help with the pain ?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi sable and welcome to the Versus Arthritis community.

Treating polymyalgia rheumatica is usually done in conjunction with your doctor with an agreed treatment plan of an initial dose of steroids and a schedule for when this dose will ideally be reduced, if your condition remains under control.

If you’re considering using CBD to manage pain, it’s important to remember it cannot replace your current treatments, and it may interact with them, so please do not stop/start taking anything without speaking to a healthcare professional.

You will perhaps need to give us more information to get some useful replies.

Best wishes
    Brynmor
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I haven't but others have and unsurprisingly to little avail. There are threads about it on here, if I was going to try one I would opt for the Holland and Barrett version because it recently made the news for having four times the amount of the psychtropic THC ingredient than is legal in these products: no wonder people say it works for them. :roll: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi Sable,

I've recently read that if you are on other medications it's important to tell your health team before taking CBD oil.

As yet there is no definitive answer and as an organisation advice hasn't yet been formalised.

Please let us know how you are doing

Take care
    Yvonne x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I saw that too.

The FSA has also issued new advice on CBD use, saying it should not be used alongside other medication.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51480940
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright