Peripheral neuropathy?

Options
Megrose2
Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
edited 16. Feb 2020, 14:56 in Living with arthritis
Hi everybody. As a lot of you will know, I've got osteoarthritis in my hands, feet, knees and spine, as well as fibromyalgia. Over the past few months I've noticed sharp, stabbing pains in my fingers and toes, particularly at night. I put it down to the fibromyalgia, but now I'm not too sure. I'm not diabetic.

Is there anyone else out there with peripheral neuropathy, as this is what I'm now wondering. Don't really want to go to the GP unless I have to! Would they do anything, anyway, apart from pain killers, which I take already?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello again, Meg. Lovely to see you but sorry for the reason. I'm afraid I don't do peripheral neuropathy :wink: I think this is one for the docs. I wish it wasn't.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Saltmarsh
    Saltmarsh Member Posts: 42
    Options
    I have peripheral neuropathy, from degenerative spine awaiting surgery. You will have to go to the Dr for diagnosis & any medication. For what it's worth, at present I have Pregabalin which helps. Gabapentin did too. Some people prefer Amytriptilne. Doses vary widely, you would work together with the Dr. to establish suitability for you. Best wishes.