Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

Methotrexate and the bugs

October last year I developed a sore throat followed a week later by a cough and ended up coughing up blood and getting pneumonia
The doctor told me to stop taking my Methotrexate and with treatment and time I recovered
Looking at possibly development with regards to the Flue coming from China should I stopped taking it again prior to catching the virus
I’m on 7.5 mags a week
Regards
Graham

Comments

• kare47kare47 Posts: 11
    edited 26. Feb 2020, 18:47
    Hi I’m on 20 mg s aweek unless your a high risk of coming in contact with someone who has it or been to country affected I would stay on methotrexate as I’m sure it leaves your body a lot quicker than it takes to get into your system
  • kare47kare47 Posts: 11
    edited 26. Feb 2020, 18:46
    If you have concerns speak to Rheumatolgy or your gp
  • Hi I’m on 20mgs off methotrexate have been for 4 years now,get a lot of chest infections but apart from that it’s been a good drug for me,also on Toxilimunumb and have RA