Nuisance Nodules and Age

Options
lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 29. Feb 2020, 19:14 in Living with arthritis

Hello everyone

I was wondering if we get more nodules as we age? My arthritis is fairly quiet at the moment so it isn't as if I'm having a flare, but I have 3 new nodules on my hands. One of these is being removed surgically because it's on my thumb joint and is hindering my grip and the use of my hand. One of the others, which has just started growing has been infected but it has come to a head and is less sore now it's popped! (Sorry if you're eating your tea 🤔) They are unsightly but, hey-ho, I haven't had pretty hands for 34 years so I'm not worried about that!

I do have another large one on my elbow but that's been there for years and only gets in the way when I have my sleeves pushed up or pulled down.

I'd be interested to know what you think.

Love, Legs x

Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options

Hi Linda,

It's good to see you here 🙂

That's an interesting question about the nodules. I've just started getting them on my fingers (knuckles), and I'm 41. I thought they might be chilblains at first, but they're not going away. I'm sure there'll be more to follow over the years.

I'm sorry one of your nodules became infected and was sore for a time. It's great it hurts less now it's popped. I have my Irish granny's nursing gene, so I'm interested rather than disgusted by these things. I googled 'arthritis nodules' earlier and looked at some images. Some people must really suffer with their hands 🙁

Best wishes for your surgery 🍀

Love,

Phee

PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)