RA and Fibro

A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia on top of RA , it is steadily getting more unbearable and the last couple of days I've had a pain shoot from my shoulder half way up my head. Is this a 'normal' thing or should I be worried? The only pain relief I can take is paracetamol because the opiats cause other problems.

Numps x
Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.

Comments

• stellabean
    stellabean Member Posts: 307

I have RA OA and fibro but also disc damage in my neck so I do get shooting pains from my shoulder into my head but am not sure if it is the neck damage, fibro, arthritis or the shoulder joint damage I got when I was assaulted. I do find using a source of heat like a hot water bottle helps. I presume you haven't strained or pulled any muscles lately. I sometimes need physio ( she does massage and acupuncture ) I also do pilates run by a physio that helps to keep things moving.

• numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    edited 5. Mar 2020, 10:56

Hello Stellabean, thank you for your reply, I also have OA but it's mainly in my lower spine so didn't associate it with the pain in my head because I've only really noticed it since the Fibro was diagnosed, I do hate this getting old business. If it wasn't for my tribe of cats....they are what keeps me going

Numps x
  • stellabean
    stellabean Member Posts: 307

I know what you mean, I was very active until I was injured in 1999. I had a horse who I was not allowed to ever ride again but instead of selling him I was advised to keep him. He has given me something else to think about and I still have him now he is 30 yrs old, has a tumour and needs daily meds but he has given me so much love all these years. I also have 2 cats of my own, 2 that are my daughters and 1 loopy staffy cross dog called Muttley. If your shoulder/head pain continues it would be a good idea to see your GP as it could be due to OA and it is just coincidence that you have just noticed it.

• numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782

Hi Stellabean, I'm so glad you kept your horse, I will see my GP when I can get an apt', it's like pulling teeth trying to get an apt or even to get a phone call apt. It's getting to the point where I can't raise my right arm or turn my head, as for sleeping at night, well that's just become a joke, the cats get more sleep at night than I do!

Numps x