Pain getting me down

Options
Biboo
Biboo Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Hi, my name is Claire I am 35, I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease 3 years ago, it was alot to take in then and I still struggle with everything, I have been on numerous immune suppressants and fingers crossed my new medication works, no matter the pain killers I am on, i am in so much pain, and it gets me down sometimes as my mobility is bad, sorry for the essay but i imagine there is plenty of community support here to help me and i can chat too. Thanks for reading x

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 680
    Options

HI Claire,

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum.

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with so much with pain and that it affects your mobility. You're absolutely right this forum is all about providing community support to help you. I'm sure that members of the forums will be able to share useful information and experiences with you.

You may well have already visited the Versus Arthritis website but just in case you haven't here's a link to a section that you may find of use https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/living-with-arthritis/

Hopefully you'll receive lots of support from the community but if you ever feel that talking to someone would be of benefit the our helpline is open Mon-Fri 09:00 - 20:00 on 0800 520 0520.

I would encourage you to join in with the relevant forums where you feel comfortable.

Kind Regards

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 9. Mar 2020, 20:42
    Options

I match you except for the degenerative disc disease. I began PsA when I was 37, OA was diagnosed when I was 52 and fibro shortly after. I found life became easier to manage when pain was widepsread and constant because then I had no pain-free bits to provide a contrast and I always know where I am.

I prefer the OA because it is boringly predictable, it will worsen in the cold and damp or if I am a twerp and overdo things. The PsA hurt is different in nature and not predictable which is irksome. I tried strong pain relief but found it took me away from the pain leaving me unable to function: that wasn't ideal. It's not easy but I prefer to keep pain relief to a minimum so I have room to maneouvre when things worsen, I need that downhill escape lane! My main method of pain releif is distraction, I know that when I keep my mind occupied elsewhere it is not focused on the hurt and it appears to diminish.

I have to go now, I am currently on anti-bios due to tonsilitis and more tired than usual. So exasperating. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • nonna
    nonna Member Posts: 1
    Options

Me too

Any advice Anyone?