Can you spare us 10 minutes?

Options
Sharon_K
Sharon_K Member Posts: 460
edited 8. Jun 2020, 12:02 in Living with arthritis

We really want your feedback on how you are finding the new community. If you are willing to do a phone interview with myself or Yvonne to ask you how you are finding the new community, please can you email community@versusarthritis.org and tell us the days and times you are free with your phone number and we will contact you

Best Wishes

Sharon

Comments

• HelenP
    HelenP Member Posts: 22
    Options

thinking about this at the moment - I'm a pretty emotional person (loneliness) and need to get a grip sometimes - hope that doesn''t sound silly. Helen.

• Sharon_K
    Options

not at all @HelenP we all understand those times when the emotional side of things is overwhelming. First and foremost be kind to yourself

Best Wishes

Sharon

• HelenP
    HelenP Member Posts: 22
    Options

Hello Sharon - ok was preparing myself to ask whether this was just a chat about the new community website or a chat about my arthritis experience, when I saw the post 'what a waste of time' and told my story as best I can as it upsets me greatly.

I think you may just want my opinion of this website - I'm new to it - so far I have found a couple of your moderators? absolutely amazing and helpful for which I'm truly grateful. Basically I sometimes feel I'm just on the junk heap - but I feel I still have a lot to offer. In my particular area there is no 'community' as such - just rows of houses with blinds drawn and folk who sometimes pass you by even if you speak.

Ok Sharon - I think that's all I can say - the rest of my grumble is on the 'waste of time' post. And yes, sometimes I'm a miserable old wotsit - but I never was before the referral mentioned.

Every good wish. Helen.

• GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options

Hi,

Unfortunately I've been very remiss in that this is my first visit logging onto the new site (lots going on in the family unfortunately). I'd be happy to help but in a few weeks' time if the survey is still ongoing then.

GraceB

Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Sharon_K
    Options

How lovley to see you @GraceB

thank you for offering to help out. I hope you are coping OK, look after yourself

Best Wishes

Sharon

• louisealice
    louisealice Member Posts: 25
    Options

Hi guys

I only joined the forum in the last few weeks. Perhaps some of my comments will be useful from the viewpoint of someone unfamiliar both with your site and online forums in general. Like me there seem to be quite an amount of users joining your forum without a lot of familiarity with social media,

Your moderators are excellent both in redirecting and providing support to contributors. Sometimes it would be helpful if the moderators linked or redirected members to posts where the same themes are being raised. Otherwise it seems luck which thread of information and posts you pick up on.

In terms of screen design and layout I wish I could get rid of the big picture banner - is there a way? It uses up half my screen and means the pick lists for forums, icon for eg recent posts, are out of sight and have to page up and down for every search/topic. If I'm following the thread of a post all the way through, the most recent posts are at the bottom - could we have a "back to top option" - or is there a way that I am missing other than paging back up

many thanks Louise