Letter from MP Johnathan Reynolds

Options
Hi All,
On a positive note I have received a letter today from my local MP to thank me for contacting him about waiting times for joint replacement surgery. For all of us living with Arthiritis .
He stated that he sympathised with anyone who is affected and that he payed tribute to organisations like Versus Arthiritis for the work they do in raising awareness and campaigning for better services .

I thought it would be good to post this for everyone to read as a positive 😊

Comments

• phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options

Hi Jules,

Well done for taking the time to get in touch with your MP and thanks for posting about his response. Hopefully his paying tribute means taking action in some way, if not now then certainly in the future 🙂👍️

Best wishes,

Phee

PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460
    Options

Hi Jules

thank you so much for this feedback and I will pass it on. Hope you are not too bad today and remember we are here to listen

Best Wishes

Sharon

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options

With widespread OA, it is highly unlikely, even if there is no rationing of NHS services, that I would get all my joints replaced, fused or indeed any treatment other than more painkillers.

There is plenty of room in my life for organisations/charities such as this! Long may they serve us.

Its a grin, honest!

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

I think for basic joint replacement targets to be reached the number of orthopaedic surgeons has to be massively increased along with nursing staff and many new beds rustled up from somewhere. The financial logistics are, as ever, not there for such a common condition. VA is doing a good job is raising awareness but the health concerns market is a very crowded one with everyone clamouring for attention.

It is interesting that the governement is suddenly able to find money to deal with coronavirus. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jooms
    jooms Member Posts: 39
    Options

An MSP from my area a few months ago asked at First Minister's Question Time why the waiting time for orthopaedic operations at my local hospital was 76 weeks.

I have since learnt the reason is lack of orthopeadic consultants.

Lack of funding?