Crutches and osteoarthritis in lower limbs.
The initial medical advice was exercise and that crutches were unnecessary. However, length of time standing and walking increased pain in knees, hip, leg muscles so I shall approach NHS again about advice on crutches. I do not believe the physio mantram "no gain without pain" but feel the pain is in someway proportional to inflammation that the inflammatory products are as much the cause of cartilage degradation as the "wear and tear" explanation that all GPs give. So how much use of osteoarthritic joints is damaging and how much is therapeutic?
After 3+ years GPs have offered sick lines, Cocodomol, and physiotherapy consultation and nothing else.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe