Rheumatoid and the Virus

Options

What is the best advice for a 71yr old male with Rheumatoid Arthritis and the virus?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 16. Mar 2020, 13:19
    Options

Do you mean you have already caught it? If so I don't have a clue but if not then my advice is that, if you are taking immuno-suppressing meds, to avoid going out un-necessarily. All your visitors must wash their hands, keep tissues close to hand for any coughs and sneezes and hand sanitise after every snuffle and splutter.

I am 61 and not going out. I inject methotrexate and humira for psoriatic arthritis so am in the high risk category. My 80 year old healthy neighbour is still out and about walking her dog but at times when she won't meet anyone.

Any shopping that is brought in for you should be sanitised. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Hi GrannieW and welcome to the Versus Arthritis community.

We have a page on our website that is regularly updated and contains links and information regarding the current crisis.

Our advice is to follow the Government recommendations if you contract the virus, as detailed at the top of our information page.

It also looks like there may be an announcement later today regarding those of us over 70. We will update our page to reflect any changes in the current advice.

We also have a discussion on Covid-19 on the forum that you may wish to join

Best wishes

Brynmor