Being in so much pain, I feel very dept

PeterE
PeterE Member Posts: 9
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
I have severe arthritis in my left knee, and the pain is unbearable, and I get depressed.
Do any of you feel the same?

Comments

• PeterE
    Hello. I’m new to Versusarthritis, thank you for your message.
    From reading more posts I can see this is quite a normal situation, especially when you feel in pain. Let’s hope for the future and a cure.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,395
    Hi Peter
    Welcome to the forum from me too. Pain is horrible and really can affect your whole life.
    I went on a pain management course with Versus arthritis (then Arthritis Care) which really helped.
    I hope you have a good GP and are getting help such as pain relief physio etc
  • PeterE
    Hi. Thanks for your message. I’ve tried many exercises which none seem to help. I’ll ask my GP about pain management. Have been given pain relief in the past but nothing his given really seems to help. I’ve tried majorly of pain killers tablets, and supplements and acupuncture. I think knee replacement is the only option now.
    Thanks once again for your help
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

All forms of pain relief merely dull the sharper edges: the stronger the relief the more you are removed from the pain, not vice versa. Pain is a major element with arthritis and the more you allow it to dominate your thoughts the worse it will seem to be. Nothing will completely remove it and it is definitely more apparent when only one or two joints are affected. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy

Hello, how are you doing today? DD

• PeterE
    Hi DD. Thanks for asking. I’m feeling a little better today thanks.
    Hope you’re ok.
  • dreamdaisy
    edited 19. Mar 2020, 22:04

I am pleased to hear that you are at least a little brighter. Me? Thank you for asking, I appreciate it. I could be better, pleased I'm not worse. Take care. DD