Cancelled elective surgery because of corona virus

Options
Hi All
Was just wondering if anyone was concerned about their joint replacement surgery being cancelled after hearing on news today NHS England were cancelling all none urgent elective surgery’s from 15th April .
I’m already anxious about how long I’m having to wait being in constant pain having poor mobility .
I understand rationale behind it but hard when your waiting quality of life depends on it .
I have an appt on 8th April with my consultant to sign consent forms for my op so hopefully will have clearer picture of timescales etc .

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options

I should think you aren't alone with this fear Jules and very much hope your operation will go ahead as you so much want it to.

Like you I understand the reasons behind any cancelled 'non-urgent' procedures, but it's dreadful being in pain.

Best of luck and do let us know what happens on the 8th ((()))

• Jules70
    Jules70 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks I will
  • Rob
    Rob Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Jules, I signed my consent forms in October 2019 . Recently received my knee replacement operation date for 15th April 2020. Sadly , the hospital called me just yesterday to say my operation has had to be cancelled because of the Coronavirus situation. They have no idea at the moment of when I can have my operation. 😢
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options

Hi Jules,

I'm down for a new shoulder on 28th April but I'm expecting the phone call to say it's cancelled. Looks like I'm in for many sleepless, painful nights! 😑

We're all in this together, perhaps we should form an 'Ouch' Support Group on here! In fact I shall do that now!

Love, Legs xx

Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • Jules70
    Jules70 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    Sounds like a plan 😂😂