Home deliveries

Options

Many of us already have home deliveries from supermarkets and I expect there will be far more of us doing the same in the current climate. Please do not forget to clean your items with disinfectant before putting them away as the virus can be present on the surfaces of packaging. US National Institutes of Health conducted a study which found that the SARS-CoV-2 virus survives for up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to 2-3 days on plastic and stainless-steel surfaces. It obviously goes without saying to wash your hands afterwards!

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Well, that was a shambles. Home delivery received from Morrisons this morning, now all disinfected and put away. However, my order was screwed up, ordered one tin of baked beans - they didn't have the ones I ordered so sent a pack of 4 different ones; I ordered one tin of chopped tomatoes - they didn't have the ones I ordered so sent a pack of 4 different ones; two packets of cereal ordered, none delivered - according to the driver there is none in the shop; several other changes/cock-ups and a total of 4 meals missing altogether.

• Eir23
    Eir23 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    That is dreadful, do you have anyone who can get the missing items to you? I have an online order for my elderly parents tommorrow, I'm dreading it.
  • Mike1
    Options

I don't like making a fuss, my home help comes next Tuesday and has offered to get things for me but I will be able to cope I expect.

• clonsea
    clonsea Member Posts: 12
    Options

I've got a delivery due Monday morning.

When I've stopped for elevenses this week I've been going to their website and playing 'Tesco Bingo'. On my card I've got few of the things I really hope to get and checking the stock. Today, for the first time this week, I've got a Full House! I'll wait and see what eventually turns up from my order. 🙄

Mike1, why not let your home help bring you a couple of little things? She might appreciate being able to help. Of course, emphasise that she's not to go to too much trouble.

• numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options

I usually have a regular weekly order from ocado, this week it was really messed up but I did get toilet rolls that I had not ordered!! I only order what I need and never stock pile, these people that go out of their way to buy up all they can, whether they need it or not, really, really does make my blood boil.

I tried to put an order with sainsburys because ocado had closed their site, I managed to put the order through but there are no delivery slots for the foreseeable future in my area.

My Son has taken time off to go shopping for me but I wouldn't expect him to do that every week.

blood pressure is going down now!

Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • Mike1
    Options

Just managed to get a Morrisons delivery slot this morning for the 16th April.