Hello πŸ’•πŸ˜…

Options
GemmaThomson92
GemmaThomson92 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Hello Everyone πŸ’• I’m Gemma, I’m 28 and have lived with psoriatic arthritis since me and my family found out when I was 8 years old. So 20 years it’s been a bloody rollercoaster but I’m here and I’m doing good! Lovely to meet you all.

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hi Gemma,

Welcome to the forum, it's really good to have you here as a part of our community. We have a number of members who began their journey with arthritis as a child, you all show such strength, and such cheerfulness it's a tonic!

I wonder what changes there have been over your 12 years - is your condition stable now?

I'm one of those with widespread osteoarthritis, as well as an autoimmune condition, I think it's the osteo that varies most, I am so longing for some good weather - I love getting out in the garden!

Take care

Yvonne x

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

Hello, I was born in 1959 with eczema, developed asthma aged seven and then thirty years on began PsA (which went undiagnosed as such for nine years). Not fun but it is what it is. I inject methotrexate and humira (which controls the disease) but does nothing for my OA. Of the two that is my preferred option as it is more predictable and manageable.

I am busy social distancing which is easy as I am a retired old woman. I enjoy reading, doing puzzles of all kinds, die cutting and stamping and eating Doritos. My avatar is a selfie. πŸ˜‰ DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options

Hi Gemma,

Welcome from me too; I also have PsA, as well as OA and other things.

Most of my time is spent working from home (I run my own publishing business), and like DD I have quite a lot of hobbies. My avatar is also a selfie, in which I've tucked a knitted chick into my hat. Looking good DD, btw 😊

Best wishes,

Phee

PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)