Well, that hasn't worked out.

Options

I haven't been well, I had a week of penicillin and also deliberately missed three meth and one humira (this is what my hospital advises). Humira was due yesterday, things were generally better so I decided to take it.

This morning my right tonsil is once again inflated like a jester's bladder, my throat is again lined with sandpaper, my chest is tight and not in an asthmatic way and I have one of those coughs where if you start you can't stop. You idiot, Daisy, you've put yourself back to square one. Twerp.

On a more entertaining note there is a young dog fox stuck on our garage roof. He got himself up there, I am sure he can get himself down. He's doing that insouciant walk, trying to look as if it's all part of his master plan but giving the game away by frequently going to the edge, looking down and backing away. I kinda know how he feels! DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options

Sorry about that, DD. I like the jester's bladder, though 😊

How's the young dog fox? Has he come down yet? We have a regular fox or two in these parts. They like to slink through the garden in the evening, on their way to their hunting grounds, I suppose.

Wishing you a swift recovery,

Phee

PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

The usual comparison for inflated round things is a football: so dull, so lacking in imagination. This morning it's reduced in size to satsuma. I remain a cougher. Feeling rather glum in myself which isn't helping either.

The fox eventually found a way down, it's a rather complicated roof geography around our heriditament (now that's a nice word!) and we reckon he was trying to establish his personal route in and out of our garden. We have also had a hole excavated in a flower bed next to our drive, the hole doesn't seem big enough for a fox to get into or through but who knows? We have a pregnant vixen (who was only born last year) so she's not wasted any time! If there's a chande this could be her nursery then we will leave well alone.

Stay safe, Phee, I like having you about. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stellabean
    stellabean Member Posts: 307
    Options

Sorry you are back to square one DD hope you can improve again soon. A note on foxes when our daughter was very young in the distant past our house backed onto farm land. We had to try to explain the spectacle of two foxes mating and being stuck together. They were facing in opposite directions and howling the noise was incredible we chickened out and said they were dancing she was only 3, they were at it for hours. The nursing vixens we have seen make a den under sheds, buildings or cover from hedges they seemed to like several approaches so they have options. Enjoying watching the cubs if you get any nearby.

• phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options

Blimey, Stella. That sounds like quite a sight!

DD, I'm glad the jester's bladder has reduced in size to a satsuma. Yes, your comparison was a lot more interesting than the usual one. Sorry you're feeling glum, though, and that the cough remains.

Good news that the fox found a way down. I hadn't heard the word 'heritidament' before, so I've learned something new today. Foxes like their routes, don't they? And hedgehogs do too; I remember being about 11 and finding a little path in the garden, coming up from under our neighbour's fence and running alongside Dad's apple trees before going under our fence and into the field. Your pregnant vixen has wasted very little time! I wonder how many cubs she'll have, four or five maybe?

You stay safe as well, DD. I like having you about too (as does 'Hat-Chick') 😊 🐣

PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)