Regarding Coronavirus

I’m on anti TNF therapy and I’m also a type 1 Diabetic, am I in the At Risk category regarding The Coronavirus?

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076

Hi Jojo1970,

Lovely to meet you, I'm pleased you managed to find our community when you needed it.

This is where you need to look to work out your level of risk regarding possible difficulties regarding COVID19

Rheumatology patients and COVID-19 - learn more about the risk levels

https://www.versusarthritis.org/rheumatology-patients-and-covid-19-learn-more-about-the-risk-levels/

Find our more about COVID-19 and your level of risk.

There is quite a wealth of information on the COVID19 thread in the Living with Arthritis category where you will find fellow members who are on the same or similar drugs and circumstances to yourself.

Take care

Yvonne x

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520

I inject humira and methotrexate and consider myself to be in the higher risk category according to government guidelnes as I have the free flu jab. It's made little difference to life so far, I miss going out to the shops but that's nothing and it's not permanent either. Take care and follow the rules, they make sense. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Eir23
    Eir23 Member Posts: 20
    Hi Jojo,
    I think you will be at some increased risk, If your considered to be in the highest risk group, you will receive a text and letter from the NHS with some advice. If you havent received these and are concerned you should be in this group, I would suggest contacting your Rheumatologist or Diabetes. As your also Diabetic, you may need to take extra precautions.
    Take care.