Keep getting the promise of a letter from different places

Hi all, this is my first post as I have joined today. Over 2 weeks ago my employer asked if I should be in work due to my disease and medication ? I wasn’t aware that I shouldn’t be so they asked me to contact my GP. I was told then that I probably shouldn’t be, and that the NHS were planning on sending letters out and that I would receive one. I stayed away from work, but never received a letter. I rang my GP surgery again just to be told they have all gone out so you won’t be getting one. I tried to contact my Rheumatology dept, which was a nightmare and took days. I eventually got put through my consultants Secretary who wasn’t too impressed. She assured me that due to my medication I would be getting a letter this week. A week has come and gone, still no letter. I’ve just rang the Secretary again, and she said you should get one soon. My point is are we Vunerable or not. This is really dangerous as no one seems to know what we should be doing to protect ourselves, and employers are waiting for evidence so these people can stay at home etc. Whilst everyone is waiting for these “ letters “, couldn’t a txt or quick phone call be arranged ?

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755

Hi Auntiesncoats and welcome to the Online Community.

It is no wonder that you are worried in such distressing times. Getting through to doctors and rheumatologist departments is proving very difficult for almost everyone.

We have a page on COVID-19 - assessing your risk and we strongly recommend you follow this guidance if you’re in one of the high-risk groups.

Please note: If you are in the ‘extremely vulnerable’ group, you'll soon be able to ask for help getting deliveries of essential supplies like food and medicine. In England, you can register for this help on the gov.uk website. There's separate advice for Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

If you’re not sure whether your medical condition makes you ‘extremely vulnerable’, register anyway.

I understand letters are still going out: you can read here the experience of one of our moderators who has posted to the Food parcels for ‘extremely vulnerable’ discussion of how she fared with registration.

Above all, our *Latest advice* is for everyone is to stay at home and only go outside for food, health reasons or essential work.

Stay safe, stay well.

Brynmor