recovering from coronavirus

Options

A week ago I started symptoms of coronavirus , had fever, headaches , sore throat , chest pains , fatigue & cough ,

another menber of my family went down first , & was self isolating in our house , I had my letter from the government but was a bit late but atleast we can get some home delivery slots

I now think I am over the worst but this virus tends to bit back so wont be happy until it's full gone .

I seen my GP & check chest & oxygen in blood , I told him I was taking sulpha & my biologic drug and he was happy for me to continue on it , my son has suffered a lot worse with this virus & several days longer & only on day 13 is he showing signs of recovering , & I seem to be recovering a lot quicker

When this first camw out I thought those of us on a lot of immunesuppressents would suffer & end up in hospital if we got it but pleased to be recovering pretty quickly at home

Comments

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Hope you are both over it soon. All the best.

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 15. Apr 2020, 08:53
    Options

Oh trepolpen, that does sound nasty and I am pleased you are recovering. Have you and your son been tested for covid19? DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    Options
    Our GP came out to see me as I am house bound but they could not see my son as only checking their most vulnerable people and we was not tested, before my son phoned and talked to a GP and offer a test afterwards , they are only testing nhs staff and those in hospitals , I decided my chances was better taking my biologic etc and worked for myself having pretty mild symptoms , my son is still not clear two weeks
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

I really hope it was the ordinary flu which is why you are doing ao well, maybe the flu jab has been effective whereas (so I've been told by a medico) it does nothing towards seeing off covid because it is a very different beast. Please continue to get better, seeing your name about always cheers me up! DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ziggyblue
    ziggyblue Member Posts: 13
    Options

I really hope it was Covid and not ordinary flu, as that means you are out the other side, hopefully have immunity and don’t have to worry about it now! You may even get to be in earlier waves released from lockdown unlike the rest of us In high risk Groups!

And thanks for sharing your experience - good to hear stories of recovery from fellow arthritis sufferers.

• trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    Options

the flu season is over & I had the jab so could not get it , My son is still suffering after 15 days with fever & chest pains , never heard of any flu/cold lasting that long , we will get tested when they have sorted test & plan for all three of us here to get it

as for being released from lockdown wont help myself , as I am totaly house bound & need every joint replace/fused i lower body & they wontt do them because of other health issues , I just want people to know their drugs can save their lives