Advice please

Options
I read on facebook ( I know you can't believe what you read on facebook) that it's not adviseable to take cannabis because of COVID 19.
I take cbd oil an wanted to know if anyone has heard or read anything

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Hi SunshineSue and welcome to the Online Community. Its lovely to have you here.

Our page on the website Complementary treatments and arthritis - from turmeric to cannabis oil has no information linked to the coronavirus:

CBD oil can be legally bought as a food supplement in the UK from heath food shops and some pharmacies. However, CBD products are not licensed as a medicine for use in arthritis by MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Authority) or approved by NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) or the SMC (Scottish Medicines consortium).

We know anecdotally from some people with arthritis, that CBD has reduced their symptoms. If you’re considering using CBD to manage the pain of your arthritis, it’s important to remember it cannot replace your current medicines, and it may interact with them, so please do not stop/start taking anything without speaking to a healthcare professional.

There has also been no advice I have seen regarding CBD Oil on our Coronavirus information page:

I will be interested to see if anyone knows of any such advice.

Best wishes

Brynmor

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

CBD oil is not meant to have any THC in it (that's the 'fun' stuff) but many have low levels which is probably why people find it effective. I doubt that covid has been around long enough for scientists or doctors to know how it interacts with THC or any other substances, and they probably haven't the time to find out. I like my meds to be proven, licensed and made under strict controls and guidelines, not mixtures of gawd knows what from gawd knows where, thrown together in someone's front room. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben