Just to say hi!

Options
Tinafiesta
Tinafiesta Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Just linking in to say hi! It is such a relief to find this site. I live alone and have been struggling with managing daily life due to worsening levels of pain and poor mobility. I’m looking forward to connecting with others on the same journey.

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Hi Tina, welcome to our Online Community.

Its a great place to find and you can get lots of support from everyone who knows about arthritis and live with pain and poor mobility. Do join in across the conversations and ask questions, chat and joining in. You will be made most welcome.

Best wishes

Brynmor

• Tinafiesta
    Options

Thanks for the welcome Brynmor :)

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

Hello, I have psoriatic and osteoarthritis plus fibromyalgia. I began back in 1997 and it's been downhill ever since which is what arthritis does. I have used walking aids since 2002 and that has been a disguised blessing as that has enabled me to maintain a good range of movement in my hips (which are now affected by OA). I have psoriatic plus osteo amd am now 61. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Tinafiesta
    Options

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment. I love your quote 😊 I have SLE (lupus), fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and OA in my spine, hips, knees and feet. I am now 68 but my symptoms, which I now recognise as fibro flare-ups started in my early 20’s. I seem to have spent my life dealing with pain which dramatically worsened in my 40’s until I finally collapsed at work in 2006. Following a load of tests I was given the above diagnosis’ and in fact was eventually unable to return to work. My health has worsened over time and I’m now pretty much housebound and getting around my home is now proving a challenge despite using walking aids. Despite that, I try to remain cheerful but seem to veer between acceptance and frustration lol!