Hello

Options
Joan
Joan Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
I’m suffering from Osteoarthritis in much of my body but the worst is my lower back. I was going in for decompression & fusion of the lower spine on 6th April but of course it was cancelled. I’m 66 & been suffering with OA for about 12 years. I have a 2 year old granddaughter who for obvious reasons I can’t see at the moment but I’m longing for the day I can play with her without too much pain.
I hope you are not suffering too much pain today.

Best wishes Joan x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

Hello, it's nice to meet you and I am sorry you have had to find us. I began my first arthritis when I was 37 (psoriatic) and that led in turn to OA, diagnosed nine years ago when I was 52. My back is currently OK and I am doing my best to keep it that way by watching my posture and exercising sensibly.

I am delberately childless because I did not want to pass on the genetic dross my parents unwittingly gave me, they were in the right generation of their families to skip the muck. Pain is constant - one of the better aspects of OA is its predictability so I can prepare accordingly.

The hope has to be that a more usual NHS service can be resumed by at least the end of the summer or even sooner so procedures such as yours can be carried out. I hope that when it is done you will gain the relief you need and deserve. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben