Newbie saying Hello

Options
mumshotel
mumshotel Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis

Hello Everyone. I am Denise, I have been suffering in silence for several years now, My arthritus is in both of my knees and one hip. Although the hip doesnt give me any problems my knees have basically put my life on hold, I struggle to bend them at all. The pain is so intense 24/7 that I havvent had a full nights sleep in well over 3 years. weight has increased due to lack of activity which in turn impacts on the knees. I am looking forward to perhaps getting better advice than health profesionals have given me to date. I have become so desperate that I have now started taking CBD oil but even that isnt doing much to help. no one has told me what type of arthritus I have and my diagnosis was given to me by phone the other week (finally) my next hospital appointment is whenever this corona virus is all over, I have to call for an appointment along with everyone else! Apparently I am noe eligible for knee replacement.

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Hi @mumshotel, welcome to the online Community, its lovely to have you here.

Suffering in silence is not a good thing to live with if you are in lots of pain. Arthritis in the knee is usually a result of osteoarthritis. You may like to read more about this on Osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee as it may have some helpful information for you.

Note: CBD products are not licensed as a medicine for use in arthritis by MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Authority) or approved by NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) or the SMC (Scottish Medicines consortium).

We know anecdotally from some people with arthritis, that CBD has reduced their symptoms. If you’re considering using CBD to manage the pain of your arthritis, it’s important to remember it cannot replace your current medicines, and it may interact with them, so please do not stop/start taking anything without speaking to a healthcare professional.

Do join in across the Community, ask questions or just call in for a chat. You will be most welcome.

Best wishes

Brynmor

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 26. Apr 2020, 13:08
    Options

Hello, I am in m 24th year of arthritis and have a creaky foot in both camps: my first is psoriatic which began when I was 37 then osteo was diagnosed when I was 52. I am now 61.

Pain is a fact of arthritic life and nothing adequately deals with it. I can understand the attraction of being pain-free but, as the only thing that renders me that is general anaesthetic and that is hardly practical, I use prescribed pain relief (I call them dullers because that is all they do) because I can trust the contents and manufacture. i suspect the CBD oil you are using is having little effect because it is a legal product so lacking the useful stuff that does briefly relieve the pain.

I take pain dullers around an hour before I settle down and I will not repeat within a minimum of five hours. I distract myself with chores and hobbies and rest often. I also exercise on a daily basis but not in a gym bunny way. I have lost weight but the joint damage is done, in my case cannot get any worse and the pain remains the same due to the damage. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben