A new member

Options
Daphne
Daphne Member Posts: 27
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Hello everyone, I'm Jane I'm married with 3 grown up children and 3 grandchildren I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis about 10 years ago and I'm so glad I've found this site it will stop me feeling like no one understands me. It's good to be herex

Comments

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Hi @Daphne and welcome to our online Community. Lovely to see you here.

Sorry to hear your diagnosis of osteoarthritis. We all have experience of arthritis in one form or another and so understand what it is like to live with it and experience it in our lives.

Do join in, ask questions, share your experience or call in for a chat. You will be most welcome.

All best wishes

Brynmor

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

Hello, I was diagnosed with OA back in 2011 when I was 52 which came as a shock because I already had another arthritis which had begun in 1997 when I was 37. I thought one was enough and I'd ticked that box but no, there was more to learn.

OA is the most common form so the most misunderstood. It is more than just a few aches and pains (which those who self-diagnose don't understand thus giving themselves away) and affects every area of life - as does every other form of the dross. Like all diseases it comes as a consequence of life, like all diseases no-one is exempt from its attentions and no-one can prevent its onset. I prefer my OA to the other (psoriatic, one of the many auto-immune kinds) because it is more predictable so I can manage it better. I exercise daily but not in a gym bunny kind of way and take regular but small amounts of my pain dullers to keep on top of things. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben