Just checking in, I know I’m not alone

Options
Stanleylady
Stanleylady Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Just checking in. Having a less than wonderful day. I’m sure I’m not alone. I was cleared for a replacement hip 3 days before lockdown and I’m having problems with pain relief. Mind you I’ve never had a better excuse to sit in the sun.
How’s everyone else coping?

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 682
    Options

Hi Stanleylady and welcome to the Versus Arthritis Forum.

It must be frustrating for you having been given the green light for a hip replacement to then have to wait for the operation whilst experiencing the associated pain.

Whilst you’re waiting and enjoying the summer sun you may find this section of our website useful to browse as regards hip pain relief https://www.versusarthritis.org/search?query=hip+pain+relief

If you ever feel the need our free Helpline can be contacted on 0800 5200 520, or email helpline@versusarthritis.org (Mon - Fri 9:00am – 8:00pm).

I’m sure you will receive some feedback from other forum members in similar situations as to how they are coping.

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

Hello, welcome to the creaky gang. I have PsA plus OA and was refused new knees nine years ago due to extreme youth (I was 52). Now everything else has gone to you-know-where in a handcart so as far as I'm concerned there's no point now. 😂

It is sunny here but I am staying indoors, got too much to do. I am having to shield due to the meds I take for my auto-immune arthritis and I have at least another three months of that to go - personally I think it will be much longer. Lockdown hasn't really affected me that much but I do miss popping to the post office for cash and sweeties. I am reliant on my husband fornthat and he doesn't understand the need for sweeties . . . DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben