Happy Mondays

Options
Forgetmenot73
Forgetmenot73 Member Posts: 5
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
Hi everyone,
I've just joined (lockdown has pushed me to try more technology!) and have been diagnosed with OA for about 18months. All still new to me in learning how to adapt. Love to hear from others.

Comments

• Annj
    Annj Member Posts: 59
    Options

Hi @Forgetmenot73, thanks for joining the forum, it's good to have you with us.

I think lockdown has pushed lots of us to expand our use of technology! Hopefully the forum is a particularly valuable resource for people at this time, it's good to be connected with others who have similar experiences. You will find a wealth of information and chat here - hope you find it useful and enjoyable! Feel free to ask questions and join in whenever you feel like it.

We have a free telephone helpline as well, in case you ever feel like connecting with someone in a slightly less high-tech way!

Best wishes,

Ann

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

Hello, my OA was diagnosed in 2011 so I am very used to it. It's not happy this morning due to the damp so plans for today have been amended somewhat. I also have another arthritis which began back in 1997 when I was 37.

I take 30/500 cocodamol to dull the sharper edges of the pain, the OA is in both ankles, both knees and both hips and certainly makes its presence felt. I do a little then rest a little, always with my feet up and my knees supported. I also exercise on a daily basis, nothing too strenuous but enough to help keep my muscles toned. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben